I need help!!! We are trying to do something with our kitchen wall. There seems to be two layers of wallpaper over drywall. These layers have been there for over 10 years. I would love to paint the walls, but, to be honest, I don't want to have to remove the wallpaper, not to mention it can tear my walls up. Is there anything I can do to make this work? Should I peel the vinyl part off of the top layer of the wallpaper and leave the rest, put a primer over it and hope that the paint doesn't peel off?????? I would really appreciate any advice.
I would try and remove the paper in a out of the way spot to see if it will come off without tearing up the walls. If the walls were painted and or sized before the paper was put up it should come off fairly easy.
Let us know how it goes.
Let us know how it goes.
I have tried that also. I can get the vinyl part off the top layer of wallpaper and most of the backing of the top layer, but the second layer of paper is really hanging on to the wallboard. I have messed up a couple of spots by peeling off the wallboard, so I will have to fix those before I can paint. Thank you for your advice. I will stay on it and see what I can do.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Handy Household Uses for Vinegar
- 12 Easy Ways to Boost Bathroom Storage
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 10 Ways to Live Large in 400 Sq. Ft. or Less
- Brilliant New Uses for Old Wooden Doors