I inherited my Grandmother's house and I would like to paint the basement walls. The paint on the walls now has peeled quite a bit from a water problem that was recently corrected.
Basically the paint has peeled from the bottom of the wall up to about 3 feet. I've scraped most of the peeled paint off but from there up the paint isn't that bad. However it needs to be a different color.
The walls are concrete block covered with a concrete parging. I want to paint the walls with Drylock. Do I need to completely strip the paint? or can i get away with scraping off the loose stuff, cleaning the walls with a scrub brush and cleaning solution and painting over the old paint?
Words of advice would be greatly appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips