Ohh, please help! I have newly painted porch posts (cream coloured) they've only been painted for a week, and silly me decided I'd decorate for Halloween, and put up two Fall leaf garlands, which I got from AC Moore's, on each post. There were no tags on them, saying that they were for indoor use only, however!
The night after they were up, we had a driving rain, and next day, to my horror!!!, I see streaks of red and mustard, running down the beautiful paint! I'm soooo devastated....tried using orange citrus cleaner on them, but didn't work at all. The latex isa water based paint, and lord only knows what the dye is made out of.
Anyone?? I sure could use some advice!
You may just have to repaint the post, but I would try a spot to make sure the stain does not bleed through.
..I just may have to do that, only it's getting cold in CT! Maybe next Spring. Anyway, if anyone reads this, beware of those coloured garlands...this one was not labeled 'indoor'! =l
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects