Rotted 2nd level floor beneath Toilet
Thanks for the help...
When chipping the old tile out I discovered that the floor was rotten all around the toilet. Infact it was the tile that held itself up. It went through the celing of the room under it.
Further inspections showed that the flooring under the cast iron tub was rotting out and the tub was just about to rust out.
In short, the weekend project turned into a 3 month nightmare. Rotting joists, rotting/mildewed drywall in the walls the whole thing. Working late nights and weekends I got it done.
Best case for you, just replace the floor around the toilet and re-level the ****er out. Worst case call a contractor....
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers