Rotted 2nd level floor beneath Toilet
Thanks for the help...
When chipping the old tile out I discovered that the floor was rotten all around the toilet. Infact it was the tile that held itself up. It went through the celing of the room under it.
Further inspections showed that the flooring under the cast iron tub was rotting out and the tub was just about to rust out.
In short, the weekend project turned into a 3 month nightmare. Rotting joists, rotting/mildewed drywall in the walls the whole thing. Working late nights and weekends I got it done.
Best case for you, just replace the floor around the toilet and re-level the ****er out. Worst case call a contractor....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects