How long before floor is dry?
Water-based poly needs about 40 hours +/-. Oil-based poly needs a bit more.
The BEST thing to do is to check w/the Mfgr. (or your Contractor) to see what he/she says. Then, I'd add a day to that assuming that the conditions in the home are 'normal'.
If you have a new hardwood floor, read up on care and maintenance on it. I say this because most folks aren't aware of things like: What will sunlight do to my floor? (It will 'bleach' it over time, so you'd want to consider getting sheer curtains or a porch!) How do I protect my floor from scratches? (Consider using runners where you do a lot of walking, and DEFINITELY buy doormats. Make sure you only use carpeting/matting that has the vinyl/rubber type backing on it. 'Regular carpet remenants' will scratch the finish!) Will furniture 'ruin' my finish? (Consider buying those rubber 'feeties' for the heavier furniture.) ANd there's more.
The Flooring Mfgr. usually supplies some paperwork. If you know the maker of your flooring, ctc. them or your Contractor for the paperwork. At worst, use ANYONE'S paperwork (except where it comes to using the RIGHT cleaner.) For cleaner, ctc. the Mfgr. for the proper cleaner. If you don't use it, you COULD void the Warranty if you have a claim for ANY reason. There are a lot of cleaners out there so be cautious. Get the right one for oil or water based finish.
('Nough said.) My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
An Inside Mehtod--
How Long To wait for Slab to Cure before Renovating
Wood ceiling seperating
new grout not dry
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!