We have the Masonite that was part of the class action and only really need to replace about 5 or 6 planks. We got scammed by a bogus construction company last October (took our 1/2 deposit and tore down the chimney and disappeared), so the budget has been cut drastically. (We were supposed to have the entire house resided with Hardiplank.)
I really only need 5 or 6 pieces to replace the ones that actually show rot. The rest of the house is really fine. I guess they were sealed properly and covered by the soffits.
My problem is finding the stuff. I've checked several lumber yards here (north of Houston, TX) but they all tell me it's all gone.
2 of them had one type of Masonite, but it didn't match mine. I have the 3 beveled (looking) 10" wide x 15 or 16' planks to do the repairs for now.
Does ANYONE know of any location that still has any of this in stock? I've done searches on google, yahoo, msn, etc., but get nothing.
Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Also, anybody have any experience in small claims with con artists? We found where the guy lives who owned this bogus company, but he claims he doesn't have any money...and we have an 'open ended contract' so he feels I don't have a leg to stand on in court. I've learned my lesson.....don't trust anyone!
how do I know if I really need a new roof?
Needed Pergo Presto Oak, planked PH4588
One Way Glass
I need discontnued Pergo Select 5210 Brunswick Cherry
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Pest, Be Gone! 10 Steps to a Critter-Free Home
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight