We have the Masonite that was part of the class action and only really need to replace about 5 or 6 planks. We got scammed by a bogus construction company last October (took our 1/2 deposit and tore down the chimney and disappeared), so the budget has been cut drastically. (We were supposed to have the entire house resided with Hardiplank.)
I really only need 5 or 6 pieces to replace the ones that actually show rot. The rest of the house is really fine. I guess they were sealed properly and covered by the soffits.
My problem is finding the stuff. I've checked several lumber yards here (north of Houston, TX) but they all tell me it's all gone.
2 of them had one type of Masonite, but it didn't match mine. I have the 3 beveled (looking) 10" wide x 15 or 16' planks to do the repairs for now.
Does ANYONE know of any location that still has any of this in stock? I've done searches on google, yahoo, msn, etc., but get nothing.
Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Also, anybody have any experience in small claims with con artists? We found where the guy lives who owned this bogus company, but he claims he doesn't have any money...and we have an 'open ended contract' so he feels I don't have a leg to stand on in court. I've learned my lesson.....don't trust anyone!
how do I know if I really need a new roof?
Needed Pergo Presto Oak, planked PH4588
One Way Glass
I need discontnued Pergo Select 5210 Brunswick Cherry
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes