I have a 100 year old home in Bay City, MI.
I currently have aluminum Siding. I am considering removing it and putting up 1/2 real log siding from skylinewoods.com
Has anyone done this and is it as easy as they say?
This a lot of what is going on up here (we stain alot of it),and so I am a painter and after seeing this go on I decided to give it a try on my little garage.Yes it is easy to do just get your 1st row straight and level then the rest goes up pretty easily.Every so often I bring out the laser level or any other kind and check to see if im still true.It has grooves that the next row goes on so it is easily done.my hardest part was cutting for the roof line and eves.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!