Painting hardwood flooring
Since you're aware that a painted floor will get beaten up from the foot-traffice, why do you want to create such a maintenance nightmare???
Consider a standard refinishing job for a hardwood floor and use carpet-runners (w/VINYL backing) to cut down on the wear-and-tear.) i'm not a big fan of wood floors in kitchens because of the wear they get. I like vinyl sheeting, best. That's just my $.02. If you insist on painting the floor, be sure to use a good primer and a high-quality acrylic paint. The paint store will direct you. DON'T skimp on material. You get what you pay for.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!