Painting hardwood flooring
Since you're aware that a painted floor will get beaten up from the foot-traffice, why do you want to create such a maintenance nightmare???
Consider a standard refinishing job for a hardwood floor and use carpet-runners (w/VINYL backing) to cut down on the wear-and-tear.) i'm not a big fan of wood floors in kitchens because of the wear they get. I like vinyl sheeting, best. That's just my $.02. If you insist on painting the floor, be sure to use a good primer and a high-quality acrylic paint. The paint store will direct you. DON'T skimp on material. You get what you pay for.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips