Painting hardwood flooring
Since you're aware that a painted floor will get beaten up from the foot-traffice, why do you want to create such a maintenance nightmare???
Consider a standard refinishing job for a hardwood floor and use carpet-runners (w/VINYL backing) to cut down on the wear-and-tear.) i'm not a big fan of wood floors in kitchens because of the wear they get. I like vinyl sheeting, best. That's just my $.02. If you insist on painting the floor, be sure to use a good primer and a high-quality acrylic paint. The paint store will direct you. DON'T skimp on material. You get what you pay for.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love