plank replacement..lam. floor
My problem is I need to relace a few planks in the hallway which is one board wide.I want to try to avoid removing the doors and trim to acomplish this.Is there a procedure to do this? Any help would be great
You could 'cut' the damaged flooring w/a circular saw that's set to the DEPTH of the finished floor (watching out, of course, that you DON'T damage adjoining flooring that's NOT part of the problem.) Then, you chisel what you can't cut. You want to be sure that your sub-floor / underlayment is TOTALLY level before you install your replacement piece(s). Any 'rise' in the new floor is bad news, over time.
Hopefully, you didn't glue the existing floor down like a mad-man. Cut out / score as much of the damaged floor as you can w/a circular saw, and remove it by hand after cutting around the 'edges'. THen chisel out what's left, being very careful not to damage the underlayment either.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
The snap action reqires about a 45deg angle
The only way I see it can be done is by removing the bottom side of the groove. Same with all plank replacements as in hardwood flooring also. Engage with the tongue into the existing groove, tap ever so gently until it makes it home. I'd suggest using a rubber type blocking system as all laminate planks are very fragile before the actual installation.
[url=http://www.laminatefloorinstallers.com/default.htm[/url] Laminate Floor Installers.Com
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees