plank replacement..lam. floor
My problem is I need to relace a few planks in the hallway which is one board wide.I want to try to avoid removing the doors and trim to acomplish this.Is there a procedure to do this? Any help would be great
You could 'cut' the damaged flooring w/a circular saw that's set to the DEPTH of the finished floor (watching out, of course, that you DON'T damage adjoining flooring that's NOT part of the problem.) Then, you chisel what you can't cut. You want to be sure that your sub-floor / underlayment is TOTALLY level before you install your replacement piece(s). Any 'rise' in the new floor is bad news, over time.
Hopefully, you didn't glue the existing floor down like a mad-man. Cut out / score as much of the damaged floor as you can w/a circular saw, and remove it by hand after cutting around the 'edges'. THen chisel out what's left, being very careful not to damage the underlayment either.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
The snap action reqires about a 45deg angle
The only way I see it can be done is by removing the bottom side of the groove. Same with all plank replacements as in hardwood flooring also. Engage with the tongue into the existing groove, tap ever so gently until it makes it home. I'd suggest using a rubber type blocking system as all laminate planks are very fragile before the actual installation.
[url=http://www.laminatefloorinstallers.com/default.htm[/url] Laminate Floor Installers.Com
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers