plank replacement..lam. floor
My problem is I need to relace a few planks in the hallway which is one board wide.I want to try to avoid removing the doors and trim to acomplish this.Is there a procedure to do this? Any help would be great
You could 'cut' the damaged flooring w/a circular saw that's set to the DEPTH of the finished floor (watching out, of course, that you DON'T damage adjoining flooring that's NOT part of the problem.) Then, you chisel what you can't cut. You want to be sure that your sub-floor / underlayment is TOTALLY level before you install your replacement piece(s). Any 'rise' in the new floor is bad news, over time.
Hopefully, you didn't glue the existing floor down like a mad-man. Cut out / score as much of the damaged floor as you can w/a circular saw, and remove it by hand after cutting around the 'edges'. THen chisel out what's left, being very careful not to damage the underlayment either.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
The snap action reqires about a 45deg angle
The only way I see it can be done is by removing the bottom side of the groove. Same with all plank replacements as in hardwood flooring also. Engage with the tongue into the existing groove, tap ever so gently until it makes it home. I'd suggest using a rubber type blocking system as all laminate planks are very fragile before the actual installation.
[url=http://www.laminatefloorinstallers.com/default.htm[/url] Laminate Floor Installers.Com
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps