Hardwood floor was scraped when moving
My husband, who insisted he could move us into our new house with the help of friends, didn't listen to me about hiring professional movers and, in the process of moving, scraped our hardwood floor in places. I could have killed him. Is there an easy way to remove or minimize these scrapes or should we refinish the whole floor? I also noticed what looks like water damage to another part of the floor next to a window. Can water damaged areas be refinished or do they have to be completely replace?
Thanks for any advice!
Thanks for any advice!
i think you should get two wood refinisher's to give you a bid,ask if its possible to only repair the damaged parts of the floor...good luck
Actually I would get about five estimates and references. Also let the floormen that you are talking to know that you are getting other prices and cost is a major factor. It could be that just a good screening and top coating could solve your problem.
If you approach it with the view that total resanding is the only option the floormen you talk to won't consider suggesting more cost saving alternatives.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs