Our hard wood stairs are so slippery. While I have found many non-slip products for stairs, most need to be reapplied every 6 months. My kids have severe asthma and allergies. We try very hard to refrain from using chemicals in our home. I assume these products are pretty strong. We won't install carpet due to the medical problems either. Does anyone know of a product we could apply once that lasts or at least lasts for a few years? Thanks.
the best anti-slip treatment for stairs is a carpet runner,you might be in the lookout for a sisal product (natural fibre) ar a short tight nylon berber,we install carpet in homes where the owner has allergies,first we "air out" the carpet in the warehouse(leave out the carpet ,unrolled and let the dye odors disapate)after the carpet has neen installed we steam clean with just water.and that seems to do the trick.....good luck
Slippery pool tile
Non-slip laminate: does it exist?
Concrete floor finish on top of concrete sealant
Looking for non-slip treatment for my ceramic steppi...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!