Our hard wood stairs are so slippery. While I have found many non-slip products for stairs, most need to be reapplied every 6 months. My kids have severe asthma and allergies. We try very hard to refrain from using chemicals in our home. I assume these products are pretty strong. We won't install carpet due to the medical problems either. Does anyone know of a product we could apply once that lasts or at least lasts for a few years? Thanks.
the best anti-slip treatment for stairs is a carpet runner,you might be in the lookout for a sisal product (natural fibre) ar a short tight nylon berber,we install carpet in homes where the owner has allergies,first we "air out" the carpet in the warehouse(leave out the carpet ,unrolled and let the dye odors disapate)after the carpet has neen installed we steam clean with just water.and that seems to do the trick.....good luck
Slippery pool tile
Concrete floor finish on top of concrete sealant
Non-slip laminate: does it exist?
Looking for non-slip treatment for my ceramic steppi...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes