Laminate Floors over carpet
We are thinking to install laminate interlocking floors in our condominium complex.
Some folks come up the idea; not to rip ut the carpeting but live and install the laminate floor on the top.
Sounds interesting and we would like to hear about the idea from you.
Looks like if the carpet must be stripped out most owner stay away from the laminate floors.
First, I should say, Harrison Hot Springs!, great place. My wife and I were there about 15 years ago. Lovely!
As to your question...Maybe one of the flooring gurus will know of a way, but this sure doesn't sound like a good idea to me. What possible benefit would there be to leaving the carpet there?
I haven't installed laminates personally, but most flooring benefits from having a sturdy and solid subfloor.
Best of luck, and enjoy those waters!
-k2 in CO
[This message has been edited by k2 (edited February 18, 2004).]
Laminate Floors , Shaw products
laminate floor sealer over hardwood
Laminate Vs Engineered Hardwood Vs Hardwood Flooring...
laminate floor installation
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight