Laminate Floors over carpet
We are thinking to install laminate interlocking floors in our condominium complex.
Some folks come up the idea; not to rip ut the carpeting but live and install the laminate floor on the top.
Sounds interesting and we would like to hear about the idea from you.
Looks like if the carpet must be stripped out most owner stay away from the laminate floors.
First, I should say, Harrison Hot Springs!, great place. My wife and I were there about 15 years ago. Lovely!
As to your question...Maybe one of the flooring gurus will know of a way, but this sure doesn't sound like a good idea to me. What possible benefit would there be to leaving the carpet there?
I haven't installed laminates personally, but most flooring benefits from having a sturdy and solid subfloor.
Best of luck, and enjoy those waters!
-k2 in CO
[This message has been edited by k2 (edited February 18, 2004).]
Laminate Floors , Shaw products
laminate floor sealer over hardwood
Laminate Vs Engineered Hardwood Vs Hardwood Flooring...
laminate floor installation
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers