I saw a granite floor tile installation at a kitchen dealer that butt the tile without a grout joint. The Black Galaxy granite tile were standard polished and camfered tile. It looked great and I want to do this in my foyer. Does anyone have any experience with this? or any advice?
I imagine it's going to be very hard. If your off by just a little bit it would show badly. My idea is to proceed very slowly. get maybe 4 at a time done perfectly, let them set and than go for 4 more. Either that, or do a larger area, and lay a perfectly flat finished piece of plywood with weight oh top. As far as what to seal the surface with, I'm going to check into it more. I imagine that a good floor wax buffed onto the surface will seal it but i will check into it. Maybe some kind of polyurethane. I'm not going to start till I have found someone that has done this type of job. When I find out, I will come back and post.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!