I saw a granite floor tile installation at a kitchen dealer that butt the tile without a grout joint. The Black Galaxy granite tile were standard polished and camfered tile. It looked great and I want to do this in my foyer. Does anyone have any experience with this? or any advice?
I imagine it's going to be very hard. If your off by just a little bit it would show badly. My idea is to proceed very slowly. get maybe 4 at a time done perfectly, let them set and than go for 4 more. Either that, or do a larger area, and lay a perfectly flat finished piece of plywood with weight oh top. As far as what to seal the surface with, I'm going to check into it more. I imagine that a good floor wax buffed onto the surface will seal it but i will check into it. Maybe some kind of polyurethane. I'm not going to start till I have found someone that has done this type of job. When I find out, I will come back and post.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!