I want to replace carpet with ceramic tile, but I can't seem to remove the tack strip nails without gouging out areas of concrete.
Is there a way to do this or am I going to have to somehow fill in the holes and level out the floor before beginning to set tile?
Thanks for help! -dw
I did remove tack strips from a terazzo/concrete floor before refinishing the floor with an acid wash. You must not pull out the nails! You can take the woode out from around the nails and then use a dremmel tool to "shave off" the tops of the tacks. This worked beautifully. It left very smallbrown/rust dots where the nails used to be but who cares you are covering with tile. If you pull up the tacks there is the possibility that you will take huge chunks of the cement with the tack and you do not need that extra work. Good luck It is an easy fix and the Dremmel tool costs undre $100. Maybe a friend of yours might have one with a flat disc like head for grinding off the tack heads.
Removing Asbestos Linoleum - need advice
how to remove mortar from antiqe tile?
How to remove Paint on Grout?
What is a do it yourself way to remove glaze from t...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects