I want to replace carpet with ceramic tile, but I can't seem to remove the tack strip nails without gouging out areas of concrete.
Is there a way to do this or am I going to have to somehow fill in the holes and level out the floor before beginning to set tile?
Thanks for help! -dw
I did remove tack strips from a terazzo/concrete floor before refinishing the floor with an acid wash. You must not pull out the nails! You can take the woode out from around the nails and then use a dremmel tool to "shave off" the tops of the tacks. This worked beautifully. It left very smallbrown/rust dots where the nails used to be but who cares you are covering with tile. If you pull up the tacks there is the possibility that you will take huge chunks of the cement with the tack and you do not need that extra work. Good luck It is an easy fix and the Dremmel tool costs undre $100. Maybe a friend of yours might have one with a flat disc like head for grinding off the tack heads.
Removing Asbestos Linoleum - need advice
how to remove mortar from antiqe tile?
How to remove Paint on Grout?
What is a do it yourself way to remove glaze from t...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!