We recently bought a house with tile flooring already installed in the kitchen. We have been here 8 months and the floors are not looking very good. They are very difficult to clean. I'm wondering if the previoius home owner sealed the floor after they installed it. (We were the first to actually live on the floor).
I think it's stone tile...definitly not ceramic. What do you recommend to deep clean and should we reseal the floor? If so, what do we use?
Use a neutral cleaner, sold by tile stores. There are many good sealers out there, Aqua Mix Gold, Miracle, Stone Tech International to name a few. Stay away from the Tile Perfect spray on stuff until the health risks are eliminated. It would be best to know exactly what kind of tile you have in order for your store to recommend the proper sealer.
Can I Install Stone Or Tile Right Over Cracks In Our...
Cleaning Hardwood: horsehair mats/pads
Porcelain Tile Terrible Stains
Floor cleaning systems
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!