We recently bought a house with tile flooring already installed in the kitchen. We have been here 8 months and the floors are not looking very good. They are very difficult to clean. I'm wondering if the previoius home owner sealed the floor after they installed it. (We were the first to actually live on the floor).
I think it's stone tile...definitly not ceramic. What do you recommend to deep clean and should we reseal the floor? If so, what do we use?
Use a neutral cleaner, sold by tile stores. There are many good sealers out there, Aqua Mix Gold, Miracle, Stone Tech International to name a few. Stay away from the Tile Perfect spray on stuff until the health risks are eliminated. It would be best to know exactly what kind of tile you have in order for your store to recommend the proper sealer.
Can I Install Stone Or Tile Right Over Cracks In Our...
Cleaning Hardwood: horsehair mats/pads
Porcelain Tile Terrible Stains
Floor cleaning systems
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips