We recently bought a house with tile flooring already installed in the kitchen. We have been here 8 months and the floors are not looking very good. They are very difficult to clean. I'm wondering if the previoius home owner sealed the floor after they installed it. (We were the first to actually live on the floor).
I think it's stone tile...definitly not ceramic. What do you recommend to deep clean and should we reseal the floor? If so, what do we use?
Use a neutral cleaner, sold by tile stores. There are many good sealers out there, Aqua Mix Gold, Miracle, Stone Tech International to name a few. Stay away from the Tile Perfect spray on stuff until the health risks are eliminated. It would be best to know exactly what kind of tile you have in order for your store to recommend the proper sealer.
Can I Install Stone Or Tile Right Over Cracks In Our...
Cleaning Hardwood: horsehair mats/pads
Italian Porcelain tile
Porcelain Tile Terrible Stains
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight