We recently bought a house with tile flooring already installed in the kitchen. We have been here 8 months and the floors are not looking very good. They are very difficult to clean. I'm wondering if the previoius home owner sealed the floor after they installed it. (We were the first to actually live on the floor).
I think it's stone tile...definitly not ceramic. What do you recommend to deep clean and should we reseal the floor? If so, what do we use?
Use a neutral cleaner, sold by tile stores. There are many good sealers out there, Aqua Mix Gold, Miracle, Stone Tech International to name a few. Stay away from the Tile Perfect spray on stuff until the health risks are eliminated. It would be best to know exactly what kind of tile you have in order for your store to recommend the proper sealer.
Can I Install Stone Or Tile Right Over Cracks In Our...
Cleaning Hardwood: horsehair mats/pads
Porcelain Tile Terrible Stains
Floor cleaning systems
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects