I am remodeling my bathroom but on a seriously low budget.
Q1: Is resurfacing a tub a good choice?
We have an old house with a very old cast iron tub. We have scheduled the "tub surgeon" to come in and paint/ resurface the tub and tile. I wondered-I just wanted to make sure this is a good idea. I see this process done in flipping house shows all the time- i just want to make sure this is a good long-term fix rather than just something that is done to make something look good on the surface for a quick sale.
Q2: What can I do with my walls to improve damaged and ugly water resistant fake beadboarding:
The guy we bought the house from installed that sort of water resistant material that has sort of a beadboard/ wainscoting look but a rather plasticy feel. I Hope you know what i mean. Unfortunately this was installed with a lot of scratching and denting. Unfortunately, tearing it down and replacing it with real beadboard or non-abused material of the same kind would present a big problem as it was glued directly onto a plaster wall. To try to remove it would mean all of the plaster falls apart and we would have to redrywall or something and that could be a big mess and too expensive. Any suggestions there? Can that stuff be painted? Or is there a way to remove this from plaster without ruining the walls?
Thanks for any suggestions or advice
3/4 vs 1/2 piping
Bathroom remodel done. I think a made a big boo boo.
Backing costs "extra" in tile installation?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects