I am remodeling my bathroom but on a seriously low budget.
Q1: Is resurfacing a tub a good choice?
We have an old house with a very old cast iron tub. We have scheduled the "tub surgeon" to come in and paint/ resurface the tub and tile. I wondered-I just wanted to make sure this is a good idea. I see this process done in flipping house shows all the time- i just want to make sure this is a good long-term fix rather than just something that is done to make something look good on the surface for a quick sale.
Q2: What can I do with my walls to improve damaged and ugly water resistant fake beadboarding:
The guy we bought the house from installed that sort of water resistant material that has sort of a beadboard/ wainscoting look but a rather plasticy feel. I Hope you know what i mean. Unfortunately this was installed with a lot of scratching and denting. Unfortunately, tearing it down and replacing it with real beadboard or non-abused material of the same kind would present a big problem as it was glued directly onto a plaster wall. To try to remove it would mean all of the plaster falls apart and we would have to redrywall or something and that could be a big mess and too expensive. Any suggestions there? Can that stuff be painted? Or is there a way to remove this from plaster without ruining the walls?
Thanks for any suggestions or advice
3/4 vs 1/2 piping
Bathroom remodel done. I think a made a big boo boo.
Backing costs "extra" in tile installation?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes