I am remodeling my bathroom but on a seriously low budget.
Q1: Is resurfacing a tub a good choice?
We have an old house with a very old cast iron tub. We have scheduled the "tub surgeon" to come in and paint/ resurface the tub and tile. I wondered-I just wanted to make sure this is a good idea. I see this process done in flipping house shows all the time- i just want to make sure this is a good long-term fix rather than just something that is done to make something look good on the surface for a quick sale.
Q2: What can I do with my walls to improve damaged and ugly water resistant fake beadboarding:
The guy we bought the house from installed that sort of water resistant material that has sort of a beadboard/ wainscoting look but a rather plasticy feel. I Hope you know what i mean. Unfortunately this was installed with a lot of scratching and denting. Unfortunately, tearing it down and replacing it with real beadboard or non-abused material of the same kind would present a big problem as it was glued directly onto a plaster wall. To try to remove it would mean all of the plaster falls apart and we would have to redrywall or something and that could be a big mess and too expensive. Any suggestions there? Can that stuff be painted? Or is there a way to remove this from plaster without ruining the walls?
Thanks for any suggestions or advice
3/4 vs 1/2 piping
Bathroom remodel done. I think a made a big boo boo.
Backing costs "extra" in tile installation?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps