I am remodeling my bathroom but on a seriously low budget.
Q1: Is resurfacing a tub a good choice?
We have an old house with a very old cast iron tub. We have scheduled the "tub surgeon" to come in and paint/ resurface the tub and tile. I wondered-I just wanted to make sure this is a good idea. I see this process done in flipping house shows all the time- i just want to make sure this is a good long-term fix rather than just something that is done to make something look good on the surface for a quick sale.
Q2: What can I do with my walls to improve damaged and ugly water resistant fake beadboarding:
The guy we bought the house from installed that sort of water resistant material that has sort of a beadboard/ wainscoting look but a rather plasticy feel. I Hope you know what i mean. Unfortunately this was installed with a lot of scratching and denting. Unfortunately, tearing it down and replacing it with real beadboard or non-abused material of the same kind would present a big problem as it was glued directly onto a plaster wall. To try to remove it would mean all of the plaster falls apart and we would have to redrywall or something and that could be a big mess and too expensive. Any suggestions there? Can that stuff be painted? Or is there a way to remove this from plaster without ruining the walls?
Thanks for any suggestions or advice
3/4 vs 1/2 piping
Bathroom remodel done. I think a made a big boo boo.
Backing costs "extra" in tile installation?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs