I am remodeling my bathroom but on a seriously low budget.
Q1: Is resurfacing a tub a good choice?
We have an old house with a very old cast iron tub. We have scheduled the "tub surgeon" to come in and paint/ resurface the tub and tile. I wondered-I just wanted to make sure this is a good idea. I see this process done in flipping house shows all the time- i just want to make sure this is a good long-term fix rather than just something that is done to make something look good on the surface for a quick sale.
Q2: What can I do with my walls to improve damaged and ugly water resistant fake beadboarding:
The guy we bought the house from installed that sort of water resistant material that has sort of a beadboard/ wainscoting look but a rather plasticy feel. I Hope you know what i mean. Unfortunately this was installed with a lot of scratching and denting. Unfortunately, tearing it down and replacing it with real beadboard or non-abused material of the same kind would present a big problem as it was glued directly onto a plaster wall. To try to remove it would mean all of the plaster falls apart and we would have to redrywall or something and that could be a big mess and too expensive. Any suggestions there? Can that stuff be painted? Or is there a way to remove this from plaster without ruining the walls?
Thanks for any suggestions or advice
3/4 vs 1/2 piping
Bathroom remodel done. I think a made a big boo boo.
Backing costs "extra" in tile installation?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!