I had asbestos tile and mastic removal and the remediators said they assured me that they clean off all the chemical they use as the tile guy said whatever they use could cause the new adhesive to not adhere.
It is not the whole floor, just in about 10 or so places in different parts of the room. The tile guy came back and did whatever and left and then I discovered that either he missed spots I had marked or whatever he did isn't working. ALSO, IN A COUPLE OF PLACES - ONE EXTREMELY OBVIOUS - HE USED CAULKING TO "GLUE THE TILES TOGETHER". Not only is the caulking a darker grey than the tile but it has dried to a dull finish on the tile and looks terrible. I haven't been able to reach him with the holidays and all but do you think there is anything that can be done to make the tile stick? I can't even wash the floor for fear of water getting under the tiles. And, whatever he does - if he comes out even - to get the caulking off the obvious spot - will that ruin the finish on the Metroflor vinyl tile? I am sick over the whole thing as it has been a nightmare -- the asbestos removal crew broke the molding on the wall and then discovered mold on the garage side so they took all the paneling down and found no more mold but then put paneling back up inbetween jobs so it took months to do. They first bought MDF paneling which is no good in that high humidity area (half underground in back and level with the driveway and street in front) and we had to buy wood veneer paneling ourselves for them to put up.
Please, if anyone out there knows anything about what to do regarding the tile let me know. Both companies are saying it is the other ones fault so I am stuck here and paid $2,000 to have the tile put down. There was carpet there over the broken asbestos tiles but I am elderly and sick and couldn't keep up with the leaves and dirt coming in as there are stone walls on both sides of the driveway and everything comes in that door when you open it - it is like a vacuum...I am still getting leaves in and it is January. I figured it would be easier to sweep leaves than to get out the vacuum every day when I am sickly but now I have a worse problem.
Please HELP. Thank you.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects