I had asbestos tile and mastic removal and the remediators said they assured me that they clean off all the chemical they use as the tile guy said whatever they use could cause the new adhesive to not adhere.
It is not the whole floor, just in about 10 or so places in different parts of the room. The tile guy came back and did whatever and left and then I discovered that either he missed spots I had marked or whatever he did isn't working. ALSO, IN A COUPLE OF PLACES - ONE EXTREMELY OBVIOUS - HE USED CAULKING TO "GLUE THE TILES TOGETHER". Not only is the caulking a darker grey than the tile but it has dried to a dull finish on the tile and looks terrible. I haven't been able to reach him with the holidays and all but do you think there is anything that can be done to make the tile stick? I can't even wash the floor for fear of water getting under the tiles. And, whatever he does - if he comes out even - to get the caulking off the obvious spot - will that ruin the finish on the Metroflor vinyl tile? I am sick over the whole thing as it has been a nightmare -- the asbestos removal crew broke the molding on the wall and then discovered mold on the garage side so they took all the paneling down and found no more mold but then put paneling back up inbetween jobs so it took months to do. They first bought MDF paneling which is no good in that high humidity area (half underground in back and level with the driveway and street in front) and we had to buy wood veneer paneling ourselves for them to put up.
Please, if anyone out there knows anything about what to do regarding the tile let me know. Both companies are saying it is the other ones fault so I am stuck here and paid $2,000 to have the tile put down. There was carpet there over the broken asbestos tiles but I am elderly and sick and couldn't keep up with the leaves and dirt coming in as there are stone walls on both sides of the driveway and everything comes in that door when you open it - it is like a vacuum...I am still getting leaves in and it is January. I figured it would be easier to sweep leaves than to get out the vacuum every day when I am sickly but now I have a worse problem.
Please HELP. Thank you.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING