Why It Made the Cut: Self-coined as “America’s trusted moving company since 1995,” American Van Lines provides customers with exceptional service at an affordable rate, making it our pick for one of the best cheap full-service moving companies.
Founded in 1995, American Van Lines started with two trucks and a dream to revolutionize the moving industry. Today, American Van Lines is still family owned and operated, and it serves customers nationwide through several branch locations. With over 100,000 completed moves, American Van Lines’ hundreds of employees and fleet of trucks provide reliable, professional moving services.
American Van Lines provides more than local moving services. Long-distance moving is the company’s specialty, and it seeks to create a stress-free move experience for renters and homeowners. Other available moving services include corporate relocation, moves for military families, storage solutions, and moving services for fragile items such as antiques and pianos. Customers can cancel any services up to 7 days before their scheduled move without charge.
Not only does American Van Lines specialize in long-distance moves, but it also offers cheap moving services from state to state, as well as discounts for moves between large cities. Additionally, the company cares about its industry’s effect on the environment and organizes sustainability initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of moving. While customers must provide a 10 to 50 percent deposit when booking, American Van Lines still offers fixed-rate services, even for specialty items. This ensures a customer isn’t charged a higher rate for services that took longer or were more intensive than expected.
- Type of moving service: Full-service
- Deposit required: 10 to 50 percent of the estimate
- Cancellation policy: Free up to 7 days before the move
- Customer support: Phone, email
- Discounts for moving between major cities
- Sustainability initiatives that aim to reduce the environmental impact of moving
- Fixed-rate services, even for moving specialty items
- 10 to 50 percent deposit required
- Cancellation limited to 7 days before the move