Why It Made the Cut: As one of the largest moving companies in the country, United Van Lines offers a host of GSA-approved services to streamline any national or international move.
United Van Lines is one of the top-rated movers in the country, and it’s also an excellent choice for members of the military. The company has some 500 locations around the country, meaning customers benefit from accessing services close to home. UVL carries GSA approval for military moves that require it. Those who are only moving an apartment’s worth of items can also benefit from discounted long-distance rates. Customers can easily access mover contact information, checklists, and tracking from the convenient MyUnited portal.
United Van Lines stands out with its host of extra services, including post-move cleaning and Wi-Fi setup or takedown. The company will also pack and move fragile items and specialty belongings like pianos and grandfather clocks with custom crating for the utmost protection. Some customers report that customer support can be difficult to contact, but UVL does demonstrate a commitment to satisfaction with its flexible policy that allows cancellation until the movers arrive.
For more information, read our dedicated United Van Lines review.
- Type of moving service: Full service
- Moving distance: Local, long-distance, international
- GSA approval: Yes
- Deposit required: No
- Cancellation policy: Free cancellation until services are provided
- 500 locations nationwide
- Specialty and fragile items protected with custom crating
- Free cancellation as long as no services have been provided
- Add-on options like cleaning services or Wi-Fi network disassembly available
- Discounts for small long-distance moving jobs for studio apartments or tiny homes
- Checklists, mover contacts, and tracking conveniently located in MyUnited online portal
- Somewhat challenging customer service experience