Why It Made the Cut: A well-established reputation in the industry and personalized services just for seniors make United Van Lines a top moving service for seniors.
United Van Lines (UVL) is a reputable moving company and has services designed to meet seniors’ needs. The company offers a service it calls Snapmoves, which is geared for smaller-scale moves, such as a transition into a senior or assisted living facility. The quote process for Snapmoves is fast and painless, with simplified pricing that’s easy to understand. UVL also offers useful extra services, such as disassembling a Wi-Fi network and post-move cleaning services.
A customer can keep close tabs on their move through the MyUnited online portal. This portal puts moving checklists, mover contact information, and tracking all in one easy-to-find location—though it should be noted that the company’s phone-based customer service can be unreliable. UVL provides services throughout the U.S. and internationally, and it offers free cancellation right up to the moment when it begins providing services.
- Moving distance: Local, long-distance
- Service area: 50 states; Washington, D.C.; and international
- Deposit required: No
- Cancellation policy: Free cancellation
- Customer support: Phone, email, live chat
- Snapmoves provides streamlined quote process and customizable service for small-scale moves
- Add-on options like cleaning services and Wi-Fi network disassembly available
- MyUnited online portal puts checklists, mover contacts, and tracking in one convenient place
- Free cancellation as long as no services have been provided
- Services available in 50 states; Washington, D.C.; and internationally
- Reports that customer support can be challenging to get in touch with