The 6 Best Things To Buy In July, According to Retail Experts
This month, save big on home improvement, mattresses, patio furniture, and more.
July is the pinnacle of summer. It’s the month we celebrate America’s birth with fireworks 4th of July sales. It’s the month of balmy temperatures and family vacations. It’s the time of the year to get outside and adventure, and spend just as much time lounging by the pool or at the beach. To help you make the most of your month—and save money along the way—Offers.com released a report of the best things to buy in July, based on retail data and deals.
Whether it’s a new TV for cozy movie nights after a long day on the beach or camping gear to for a long weekend in the wilderness, these are the products that you can get at their lowest prices of the year this month or that you should buy before they sell out next season.
Below, we’ve rounded up the best things to buy in July from retailers including Amazon, The Home Depot, and Wayfair.
If you’ve been looking to upgrade your entertainment space, now is a great time to buy a TV. With Amazon Prime Day 2022 coming up on July 12 and 13, Amazon will have a lot of awesome deals on TVs from top brands. But that’s not all—other major retailers like Target and Best Buy typically offer competing Prime Day sales with discounts on smart TVs and 4K TVs.
- Get the VIZIO V-Series 50-Inch 4K HDR Smart TV at Target for $299.99 (Save $80)
- Get the VIZIO V-Series 65-Inch 4K HDR Smart TV at Target for $499.99 (Save $130)
- Get the Sony 65-Inch X80K Series LED 4K HDR Smart Google TV at Best Buy for $799.99 (Save $200)
- Get the LG 65-Inch G1 Series OLED evo 4K UHD Smart webOS TV at Best Buy for $1,799.99 (Save $500)
2. Camping gear
Whether the first family camping trip is coming up on Labor Day or you’re just looking to upgrade your gear before the fall, July is a great time to buy camping gear. Retailers are dropping prices on camping essentials from propane gas camping stoves to tents to empty out this summer’s merchandise.
- Get the Barton Camping 2-Burner Propane Gas Camping Stove at The Home Depot for $149 (Save $94.66)
- Get the Coleman 6-Person Steel Creek Fast Pitch Dome Tent on Amazon for $179 (Save $50.99)
- Get the Napier Outdoors Backroadz Polyester 2-Person Tent at Lowe’s for $199.99 (Save $22.74)
3. Outdoor gear
Because grills and patio furniture are so summer-specific, retailers look to sell off as many of these items as possible before cooler weather arrives by slashing prices. While there’s still time to soak up the warmer temperatures, stock up on outdoor gear like the popular Solo Stove fire pit or a pretty patio dining set from Wayfair.
- Get the Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit at Solo Stove for $219.99 (Save $180)
- Get the Anjae Round 4-Person Dining Set with Umbrella at Wayfair for $209.99 (Save $290)
- Get the Morohope 7-Piece Rattan Wicker Outdoor Sectional Set on Amazon for $459.99 (Save $100)
4. Home improvement items and paint
From gardening tools to paint supplies, home improvement items are always on sale around the 4th of July and throughout the rest of the month. Retailers like The Home Depot and Lowe’s are trying to clear out inventory on products for DIY and outdoor projects along with home renovations.
- Get the Sunexinlo 6-Piece Gardening Kit on Amazon for $21.99 (Save $48)
- Get the Campbell Hausfeld Gravity Feed Spray Gun Kit at The Home Depot for $59.99 (Save $40.01)
- Get the DeWalt 20V Max 1/2-Inch Brushless Cordless Drill at Lowe’s for $99 (Save $60)
Mattresses are on major sale during July, even after the rash of 4th of July mattress sales. If it’s time to upgrade your mattress, now is the ideal time to buy, as you can save hundreds to thousands of dollars on popular brands like Serta, Nectar, and Beautyrest.
- Get the Serta Queen Hybrid Memory Foam/Coil Blend Mattress in a Box at Lowe’s for $499 (Save $300)
- Get the Comforpedic Loft From Beautyrest Firm Gel Memory Foam Mattress at Wayfair for $539.99 (Save $1,130)
- Get the Nectar Queen Mattress at Nectar Sleep for $799 (Save $599)
- Get the Beautyrest King Memory Foam Mattress with SurfaceCool Gel at The Home Depot for $899.10 (Save $765.94)
6. Anything on Amazon
Amazon Prime Day 2022 falls on July 12 and 13 this year, so you can expect great sales on Amazon Echo devices, Kindles, Fire TVs, and more. Plus, look out for Lightning Deals on everything from appliances to home improvement items. Amazon is offering pre- and post-Prime Day sales, as well—check out some of the best early Prime Day deals our experts have already spotted.