Background: I have read many postings on mold and mildew. I'm a conservative first time home buyer. There is what appears to be a mold/mildew/smell problem in the semi-finished basement of a 1929 home in SLC, Utah. When i was initially looking at the house, it was freshly painted so I didn't notice the smell. Now, a few weeks later, the smell is getting significantly stronger. Although there is no mold or water/dampness present, my keen nose has located an area, where the washer/dryer used to be, as a potential source of the smell. At this location there is what appears to be some signs of water being present at some period of time. Prior to noticing all of this, I had poured 5-10 gallons of water down the floor drain, and shut off the water to the inside of the house. Am I signing up for a major long term battle?
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries