Latest Discussions : Basement & Foundation

johnsey

07:20PM | 01/05/07
Member Since: 01/05/07
1 lifetime posts
We have a piece of oak furniture used once @ yr. during the Christmas holidays. I noticed this yr. when we brought it upstairs there were traces of mold on the top. Should I wrap this piece in something, if so, what do you suggest? Also, we keep a dehumidfier running but in the colder mos. it will have frost on the outside, so I turn it off during the colder mos. Thank you muchly!!

Janice

KingVolcano

12:05PM | 01/08/07
Member Since: 03/03/05
273 lifetime posts
Most likely if you have mold on the surface of wood, you have a considerable amount of mold spores in the air. Your basement should be treated along with the furniture. Reducing the amount of moisture in the basement will not kill existing mold. Keeping your basement clean and moisture free is the key once you have your basement surfaces and air treated for mold.

any questions - kingvolcano@aol.com


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button

Anonymous

Post new button or Login button
Register