Latest Discussions : Windows & Doors


07:05AM | 06/16/04
Member Since: 06/15/04
3 lifetime posts
No sure if this is the right board to be asking this question...but I have a roof over my entry door that has columns (a portico?) but it doesn't exactly fit the style of my house and it's in bad shape. I want to replace it with something different, but I don't know exactly what it's called. It's similar to this picture: but the projection should be about 2-3 ft. Please tell me what you call this structure and where I can get one.




07:25AM | 06/16/04
Member Since: 07/01/03
549 lifetime posts
The image you posted looks a lot like a hip roof used over a bay window. There are prefabricated hip roofs and framing plans that you could use to DIY the modification. Take a look at the framing plan at or prefabricated bay hip roofs at

I don't know if that is what they are called, but from the image you posted, its what came to mind.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button