I bought house that is almost 160 years old and it had zero insulation. I just recently had spray foam installed in the attic, new energy efficient windows installed and now I am considering insulating the walls. I am not sure what to go with. I was told open-cell injection foam would my best bet, but I am considering taking off the siding and having closed-cell foam sprayed. I live in New Orleans and it gets HOT here.
My concern is I'd like to remove the lap siding, apply spray foam, and reuse any pieces of the siding that aren't damaged in the removal process. I am just not sure if this is the right to do to this house.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks in advance
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects