Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous


05:10PM | 01/30/03
Member Since: 01/29/03
1 lifetime posts
Could someone tell me what the hardware is called that allows you to open the double doors and then slide them back into the cabinet so they aren't visible? This is used on a lot of hotel armoires so the tv isn't obscured by the doors but the hardware stores and home improvement stores don't know what this is called and don't think they carry it. Any ideas where I can find it?


01:59AM | 01/31/03
Member Since: 03/13/00
1674 lifetime posts
I don't know the name of that hardware, but if you're considering doing that on an existing cabinet, you should keep in mind that the doors must be smaller (shorter) than the opening, or they won't go in.
Most cabinets have doors that are taller than the opening.


10:33AM | 02/09/03
Member Since: 09/23/01
242 lifetime posts
They are called pocket door slides, and come in various sizes for different width doors. One source is or try a local cabinet shop.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button