Latest Discussions : Tools & Workshop


09:44AM | 12/12/04
Member Since: 12/11/04
1 lifetime posts
Hey ToolTime folks:

I am looking for replacement of Bench Top or other brand of socket-driven screwdrivers. These are screwdrivers which have a hex nub at the handle base, on which you can attach a 3/8" or 1/2" socket and wrench, so that you can torque the hell out of the screw you are trying to drive.

Has anyone seen such a tool set in any retail stores or online stores??

Thanks, David


12:47PM | 12/13/04
Member Since: 11/13/04
90 lifetime posts
depending on space restrictions, you might be able to use an impact driver. they usually come with a few different 'bits' inside a 3/8th's drive socket, the socket goes on the end of the driver, and you strike the driver with a hammer to either tighten or loosen said screw.

not really what you're looking for, but it will sure torque down a screw [also great for removing tough screws].

most good tool stores carry them.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button