Latest Discussions : Plumbing


05:25AM | 07/09/00
Member Since: 07/08/00
1 lifetime posts
I need to replace my toilet flange. It is
cracked and will not be able to securely hold the bolts to the toilet base. Problem is that the current flange appears to be cemented to the pvc drain pipe that is in the
ground. What do I need to do to remove the current flange? And without damaging the pipe that is in the ground? Is there a solvent to remove the current cement or a special tool? I'm really stuck.

David P

02:24PM | 07/21/00
Member Since: 07/20/00
3 lifetime posts
You may be able to use a product called a spanner flange so you do not have to remove the existing cracked flange. It is basically a piece of metal that slips under the existing flange and spans over and beyond the cracked area of your flange. It provides holes for the toilet bolts. It should be available at Home Depot or similar stores as well as plumbing supply houses.Other similar products are available as well.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button