05:21AM | 11/12/02
Member Since: 11/11/02
4 lifetime posts
I'm in the process of doing a basement remodel and found that a 2" PVC 90 bend that was coming up from the cement floor for our bathroom sink drain broke. How can I get the broken piece from the one 90 out of the other.

Broken | |
________ /\ ___/ /
/Good | / \| /
/ ___| |______/
____/ /________________
Cement Floor

Sorry that previous post was a little messed up


05:50AM | 11/12/02
Member Since: 03/13/00
1675 lifetime posts
If it won't come out, you might have to cut both pieces further back and replace both 90's.


05:55AM | 11/12/02
Member Since: 11/11/02
4 lifetime posts
The problem is that only part of the lower 90 visible. The rest is in the cement floor.


09:01AM | 11/13/02
Member Since: 10/15/02
359 lifetime posts
See if you can find a rubber sleeve with hose clamps on it. They make them for repairing pipes such as yours.


08:09AM | 11/27/02
Member Since: 11/17/02
50 lifetime posts
Breaking the floor and using a mission or fernco coupling works good. Patching the floor is an easy step. But you want to get to regular pipe, then reinstall the new fittings.
Good Luck
Master Plumber


02:55PM | 11/28/02
Member Since: 11/11/02
4 lifetime posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I used a fernco coupling and everything is working great!

Thanks again

Click to reply button
  • People also asked iconBasement Remodel I'm in the process of doing a basement remodel ...
  • People also asked iconBasement walls We are getting ready to start are basement remo...
  • People also asked iconBasement floor I'm in the planning stages of our basement remo...
  • People also asked iconBasement Remodel I'm in the process of doing a basement remodel ...
Inspiration banner


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button

To test the boundaries of small-footprint living, interior designer Jessica Helgerson moved her family to a 540-square-foo... Filling an underutilized area beneath the stairs is a smart way to save space. Doing so with a stash of wood, however, is ... The Audubon Society inspired wallpaper in this Adirondack-styled mudroom will get you in the outdoor mood. Grab your coat ... Chalkboard paint opens up endless possibilities for customizing your dresser time and time again. Use chalk to label the c... A fireplace in the bathroom creates the ultimate setting for relaxation. Homeowners often choose electric or gas over wood... This roomy boot tray made from punched metal stands up to all the elements. Station it in your mudroom or at your back doo... There’s nothing like a new set of cabinet hardware to refresh a room. The possibilities are endless: Go modern, rustic, or... FLOR tiles are an affordable way to customize a carpeted floor covering for any space. Make anything from runners to wall-... Chalkboard paint features prominently in this elegant yet unpretentious headboard design. Add a new message daily to reflec... Salvaged boards in varying widths and colors make up the dramatic accent wall in this attic space. The high-gloss white of... The indecisive homeowner need not fret over choosing one (or even two) cabinet colors. The kitchen cabinets in this artist... Incorporate nature into your lighting scheme by securing a dead tree in a concrete mold and draping your pendant lamp from... Simple and striking, a couple of pieces of "lovingly used" furniture creates a special kind of charm. A weathered chair fo... First dress up your metal shelves with a coat of paint in an accent color that complements your kitchen decor. Then arrang... Dark wood shelving and a matching upholstered bench keep this closet sleek and refined. The large window brightens the sub...
Follow banner a
Newsletter icon Flipboard glossy Facebook Twitter Pinterest Youtube Rss icon