Latest Discussions : Plumbing


06:56AM | 04/05/03
Member Since: 04/04/03
3 lifetime posts
Hi, I've been reading about the solid surface tub surround kits, but does anyone know where I can find them (in L.A. area)? I checked Home Depot and they only have the acrylic ones. Thanks

plumber Tom

05:16PM | 05/16/03
Member Since: 05/10/03
801 lifetime posts
Check your local plumbing supply house, that has a showroom. Then you can make a better decision on color, texture, etc. Swan makes a good 3 wall tub kit that starts at around $350.00. If you want a better surround expect to pay as much as $800.00 to $1000.


05:59AM | 05/24/03
Member Since: 05/17/03
3 lifetime posts
Does anyone know if they make tub sorround for a 65" tub? I can't find one at home improvement stores.

plumber Tom

03:39PM | 05/24/03
Member Since: 05/10/03
801 lifetime posts
Most of the framing is for 5' tubs. The 3 piece surrounds may compensate for the extra 5" u need. The kit comes with 2 molded corner pieces and a flat panel, that is usually glued on 1st. Again, check your local plumbing supply for exact measurements. The counterman will steer you in the right direction.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button