Latest Discussions : Plumbing


06:04AM | 05/01/04
Member Since: 04/30/04
2 lifetime posts
I have a two knob shower, wanting to replace the two knobs with a single knobs without replacing the whole thing. I'm looking for a converter kit.

plumber Tom

08:15PM | 05/01/04
Member Since: 05/10/03
801 lifetime posts
You can't do it without replacing the entire shower valve. You have hot and cold knobs now. You have to take into consideration how to cover the previous stems with a single lever. Some major faucet manufacturers cover plates are large in diameter. This plate may or may not cover the old stem holes.


07:33AM | 12/19/07
Member Since: 12/18/07
2 lifetime posts
When we turn on the shower, only 1/3 of the water goes through the shower head. The rest goes through the tub spout into the drain in tub. What is the problem? How do we fix this?


07:35AM | 12/19/07
Member Since: 12/18/07
2 lifetime posts
The house was built in 1981. We believe this is the original plumbing, 2 knob controls.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button