Latest Discussions : Plumbing


04:07PM | 04/23/07
Member Since: 01/30/07
6 lifetime posts
I have a rusted out cup that needs to be replace. There is nothing in the cup to catch on to. I need a suggestion on how to get a grip on it. Tool?

doug seibert

02:06AM | 04/24/07
Member Since: 08/10/02
842 lifetime posts
You can find a specialized tool.....

BUT it's easy to use an unmounted hacksaw blade to cut thru the cross section of the fitting.....stopping short of cutting the tub or drain shoe threads.....and then use a chisel to fold the fitting into itself and remove

"...measure once.....cut twice....throw that one away and cut a new one...."

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button