Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous


06:39AM | 02/06/06
Member Since: 02/17/05
43 lifetime posts
So far, all the advice you've been getting is great. There are home test kits available to sample the stuff so make sure that's what it is.

If you decide to remove it yourself, I recommend keeping it wet with a garden hose. If it's really badly deteriorated (turning to dust) this is especially important. Damaged asbestos is called "friable" in the industry and everyone admits that's when it's most likely to pose a health hazard. If it is really badly damaged (friable) you better get some professional advice before attempting it. Regardless, you want to make sure you don't contaminate the soil around the home with asbestos debris (which could happen if damaged material is friable).

Fortress Environmental Solutions

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button