Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous


04:52PM | 02/20/05
Member Since: 02/19/05
1 lifetime posts
My house [which I loved] was split in two by a large hickory tree. The tree went through 2 floors. The estimated repair estimate is around 200,000, not including rewiring the house. The house is insured for 221,000. Should I push to have it totaled, tear it down, and build a similar house. House-2,300 sq. ft.with attached garage- 1,000 sq feet. built in 1950, hardwood floors, built-ins, brand new $50,000 kitchen. {I believe I was underinsured. My insurance agent wouldn't let me increase my coverage when I got the new kitchen. He said, "You already had a kitchen"}

Any help would be appreciatied. It's been 5 months and we are no closer to getting our home back.


11:01PM | 07/06/05
Member Since: 07/02/05
10 lifetime posts
What kind of insurance did you have one type is called replacement cost? You need to talk to attorney you may be able to go after your agent for not making sure you have aliquant insurance in place. Don

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button