Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting


01:14PM | 01/05/04
Member Since: 12/30/03
2 lifetime posts
i have an 150amp main circuit breaker next to my meter outside that feeds the main panel in the garage and i want to increase it to 200amps.there is a 2/0 SE cable that is feeding the panel and the run is about 25 feet. my question is can that 2/0 SE handle 200amps.


06:44PM | 01/06/04
Member Since: 05/11/03
62 lifetime posts
No. The NEC requires 4/0 wire for 200 amps (assuming aluminum). If your wire is copper then yes. Make sure the meter and main disconnect are rated at 200 amps. Don't forget to get a permit and have your work inspected. This is usually not a homeowner type job, if you are not qualified to do it please hire a professional. Mr. Electric

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button