Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting


04:28AM | 02/03/04
Member Since: 12/30/02
46 lifetime posts
I've noticed a profound flow of air coming in through my main house electrical panel. I've traced it to the main pipe that comes from the outside meter through the house and to the panel. My question is can I legally spray foam insulation around the main electrical wires inside the pipe?

Tom O

12:21PM | 02/03/04
Member Since: 09/17/02
476 lifetime posts
The original installer failed to meet the requirements of the NEC when your panel was put in. The conduit should have been sealed at that time. The typical product used is called "Duct Seal" (generic name) This is the recommended product, just work it in & around the wires until the air flow stops.Do this on the indoor side of the conduit.



02:42PM | 02/03/04
Member Since: 12/30/02
46 lifetime posts
Thanks Tom.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button