I have never painted before and I want to paint the interior of my home. I was wondering what would be the best brand and type to use. I have two dogs that are indoor/outdoor and I need to able to wash spots that they tend to rub against. I am not looking to spend a lot on paint, but I also don't want to use bad paint. Can you give me approximate prices for paint?
Also, any web resources for advice on painting or general tips are welcome.
Regards finding good paint brand---I would suggest you check out the rating of interior paints by that well-known outfit that REPORTS on various CONSUMER products. Regards durability, I have found that it is VERY important to choose the right finish. By finish I mean "Flat", "Stain" (sometimes called "Eggshell"), or Semi-gloss. Finish is really up to you; however, I have found that "Flat" is not as durable and does not clean as easily as Satin and/or Semi-gloss finishes. I like Satin or Eggshell. So, once you find a quality paint brand, spend time carefully choosing the finish that you will be able to live with---- Also, finshes may vary from brand to brand (e.g., one company's "Stain" may be shinnier than another company's "Satin"). So, again take time choosing a finish as well as a brand. Good Luck. Jim S.
You should go to a paint store to get the best advice and service as if you go to one of those big box stores you may not get that. You should use at least an eggshell finish on your walls to get the washablity that you will need and expect to pay around $25 a gallon and if you find one way cheaper it is that price for a reason. If you buy one that dose not hold up and you have to do it again sooner you have not saved any money at all.
Good luck on your project.
Good luck on your project.
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects