Latest Discussions : Painting


06:39AM | 09/14/05
Member Since: 09/13/05
1 lifetime posts
I recently purchased a building with many small cubicles, walls covered w/paneling(30 yrs. old). I am removing stud walls and building apartments in same footing. I have tons of paneling and want to turn paneling backward with rough surface facing into room, tape just like drywall and finish with textured drywall compound. If I coat rough surface with a bonding agent made for plaster/mortar and then mud, will texture stay on wall? Do I need KILZ or primer? Would primer be put on before/after bonding agent? I want nice walls when done and I don't want to do it twice. I don't want to be pennywise and pound foolish, but I can't see why this isn's viable.Thanks

doug seibert

08:31AM | 09/14/05
Member Since: 08/10/02
842 lifetime posts
No.......paneling and texture is not a substitute for Drywall......

and for your "apartments" you'll need to check the Building Codes for approved construction techniques.........

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button