Latest Discussions : Flooring & Stairs


08:20AM | 10/25/05
Member Since: 10/16/05
1 lifetime posts
We are becoming care takers of a 190 year old building registered as a Historical Land Mark on the National Registry. We will occupy an apartment on top floor. The floors are very uneven. We want to carpet, tyle, and use laminate flooring. We can not take up original floors for obvious reasons and the floors can not be leveled from beneath. Is there a product or some way to level original flooring in order to apply sub floor.....PLEASE HELP


03:43AM | 10/29/05
Member Since: 10/28/05
311 lifetime posts
yes you can use floor patch (leveling compound) to fill any floor inconsistancies then go over top of that with plywood subflooring to give you the desired flat, smooth finish to accept new floor coverings.

Ardex ( is on of many manufacturers of such products.

There are two ways to do any job. The right way and the wrong way. Do it right everytime.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button