Dear Bob Vila,
I am undecided about whether to buy a Riddex Pulse device or not. It is an electric pest repeller that repels pests such as cockroaches, rats, and mice. Do these devices repel pests? Do other brands of this type of device repel pests? If not, then what should I do about pests? Should I buy common pesticides and pest repellers like Raid and Combat, buy more expensive but lesser-known products, or buy organic products? I have heard that some organic products can kill or repel pests even if they were not originally meant to.
I have seen small and medium-sized cockroaches in one of my two bathtubs. How did they get into it? Did they emerge from cracks at the rim where the bathtub and the three walls meet or from the drain? Should I put bait in this bathtub or spray it? I do not think that I should, because I use this bathtub often.
Recently, I saw a large cockroach on the floor of the bathroom where the bathtub already has cockroaches. I have not seen cockroaches elsewhere in my home so far this year, but I am sure that I will see them.
I saw a rat or a mouse a few years. And I have heard them gnawing or scratching and squeaking. But I have not seen nor heard them in a few years. I did not do anything to rid them from my home.
I want to permanently eliminate ALL pests, not only cockroaches, rats and mice, from my home, and prevent them from returning. I was stung by bedbugs a few months ago. Now, I am being stung by mosquitoes. There are small flies in the bathroom that has cockroaches. And I see centipedes, lice, ants, and spiders.
So, what should I do? You may respond in this forum or email me at email@example.com.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight