Dear Bob Vila,
I am undecided about whether to buy a Riddex Pulse device or not. It is an electric pest repeller that repels pests such as cockroaches, rats, and mice. Do these devices repel pests? Do other brands of this type of device repel pests? If not, then what should I do about pests? Should I buy common pesticides and pest repellers like Raid and Combat, buy more expensive but lesser-known products, or buy organic products? I have heard that some organic products can kill or repel pests even if they were not originally meant to.
I have seen small and medium-sized cockroaches in one of my two bathtubs. How did they get into it? Did they emerge from cracks at the rim where the bathtub and the three walls meet or from the drain? Should I put bait in this bathtub or spray it? I do not think that I should, because I use this bathtub often.
Recently, I saw a large cockroach on the floor of the bathroom where the bathtub already has cockroaches. I have not seen cockroaches elsewhere in my home so far this year, but I am sure that I will see them.
I saw a rat or a mouse a few years. And I have heard them gnawing or scratching and squeaking. But I have not seen nor heard them in a few years. I did not do anything to rid them from my home.
I want to permanently eliminate ALL pests, not only cockroaches, rats and mice, from my home, and prevent them from returning. I was stung by bedbugs a few months ago. Now, I am being stung by mosquitoes. There are small flies in the bathroom that has cockroaches. And I see centipedes, lice, ants, and spiders.
So, what should I do? You may respond in this forum or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates