I have the same problem. I had FinalCoat---now Nutmeg coating--who knows what it will be next, apply their product in 2006. I had some peeling right away which they came out and took care of right away. I thought I was in the clear and I would "never have to paint again". I was told that the paint would not chip,peel or crack, would be resistent to mold and mildew and last at least 25 years. In the Spring of this year, 4 years later, I noticed some peeling above an awning and on some of the trim. I called, maybe four or five times before I got a response. Greg told me he would be out to look at it and that I didn't have to be home to point out the problem areas. I guess that was said so that I wouldn't know whether or not anyone ever came. I assume nobody came as I never got a call about the problem or the repair. By May the peeling areas had completely come off exposing bare wood. I have called numerous times since then as I know that paint cannot be applied in cold weather. I was hoping to have this taken care of THIS year. I have now begun to log all my calls and have filed a complaint with the BBB, which by the way gives them a A- for a rating. I suspect that they have not read all of the complaints posted on this web site. I suppose I should find some comfort in knowing that I am not the only one who is having this problem. In reality, I am not feeling comfortable at all. I actually find it rather disturbing to know that so many of you have gotten no satisfaction from FinalCoat/Nutmeg Coatings or whatever they may become known as. I hope you all will keep us posted regarding your courses of action and/or your resolutions. Sorry you all have had this experience and I hope that we all will get some satisfaction soon.
Yup!! Same problem. I, too, paid $13,500 to have spray on siding on my house when I put on an addition. Despite warnings from people who really knew nothing about the process, but had some technical knowledge about paint/siding, in general, I went ahead and had spray on siding applied anyway. I did this because I really don't like vinyl siding especially when it gets all green and mildewed. Spray on siding professed to be non-chipping, non-flaking, non-peeling and mildew resistent and able to last 25 years--remember the song "never paint your house again". I had the work done in 2006 and right away had one area that started to peel. Finalcoat (the name I knew them by) did come out and take care of it so I thought I was in good hands. Now just about exactly 4 years later I have spots that have totally come away leaving bare wood. This is the result of using a mickey mouse hand held leaf blower. When these areas started to peel I called a number I had on my receipt and after numerous calls I did get a call back. I was told that they would come out and take a look at it, and no I did not have to be here. I guess that was so that when they didn't show up I wouldn't know. A few weeks ago when it started to get cold I started calling again. I didn't get a response yet either. I am not done with them yet either and I, too, have told anyone who asked that I would recommend that they stay away from spray on siding. I am not opposed to the product as the problems I am having are minimal and could easily be addressed. I just think that a service provider should stand by his product and that certainly is not the case with Finalcoat or Nutmeg coatings as they are currently called. I am a Realtor and I have had clients of mine and others ask about the product. Like the rest of you, I have told everyone of my experience and find it hard to recommend the company. I will continue to call until I get someone to respond. Meanwhile, there is always consumer protection and attorneys and there are all of us who have been shafted by this company. Maybe there is some way we can ban together and get them to do something. Badmouthing them might give us some emotional satisfaction, but it doesn't take care of our problems. Any suggestions???
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes