I have a dirt basement that is in an old main street store. There is no outside acess, no windows. The inteior stairs are about 20 feet inside the back door and 10 feet around a corner. I would like to either get concrete or make some sort of floor in there so I can leagally store items in the basement. I will have a deli there and you can't store things in a dirt basement legally. What would be the most cost effective (cheapest) way to put a floor in this basement?
Maybe you could cut a door or at least a window into the exterior foundation wall. Preferable next to an alley or parking lot. If you had an opening a foot or two square, you could pour concrete from outside. Getting concrete, either mixed or as ingredients, down the stairs sounds like a huge amount of work.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight