Preparing drywall for paint
You do want to vacume the walls w/a brush-end vacume attachment. Otherwise, the roller/brush will pick up the drywall powder and just start 'clumping' it. That will just make more work. Do be careful how you vacume because the "other end" of the vacume BLOWS air !!!
Do be sure to use a quality Primer/Sealer. Not just a Primer. You want to SEAL the dry mud. Don't hesitate to put on a 2nd coat of Primer/Sealer. New drywall and mud really soaks it up! Or at least put on a HEAVY 1st coat. Forget about the extra $$$ for a 2nd coat of Primer/Sealer. It's worth it.
Also, plan on 2 coats of topcoat paint. I'm not a big fan of using the paint in the Big Box Stores. I like the higher quality paints from the neighborhood Finneran-Haley, Sherwin-Williams, and so on. Again, it's $$$ well spent.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
It’s goes on nice and thick and will completely seal anything! I personally had to wear a respirator as It make me feel sick the first time I used it (my wife had NO problems however) but it’s just the greatest thing ever. You can even buy it in 5 gallon buckets too if you need that much.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs