Preparing drywall for paint
You do want to vacume the walls w/a brush-end vacume attachment. Otherwise, the roller/brush will pick up the drywall powder and just start 'clumping' it. That will just make more work. Do be careful how you vacume because the "other end" of the vacume BLOWS air !!!
Do be sure to use a quality Primer/Sealer. Not just a Primer. You want to SEAL the dry mud. Don't hesitate to put on a 2nd coat of Primer/Sealer. New drywall and mud really soaks it up! Or at least put on a HEAVY 1st coat. Forget about the extra $$$ for a 2nd coat of Primer/Sealer. It's worth it.
Also, plan on 2 coats of topcoat paint. I'm not a big fan of using the paint in the Big Box Stores. I like the higher quality paints from the neighborhood Finneran-Haley, Sherwin-Williams, and so on. Again, it's $$$ well spent.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
It’s goes on nice and thick and will completely seal anything! I personally had to wear a respirator as It make me feel sick the first time I used it (my wife had NO problems however) but it’s just the greatest thing ever. You can even buy it in 5 gallon buckets too if you need that much.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs