Preparing drywall for paint
You do want to vacume the walls w/a brush-end vacume attachment. Otherwise, the roller/brush will pick up the drywall powder and just start 'clumping' it. That will just make more work. Do be careful how you vacume because the "other end" of the vacume BLOWS air !!!
Do be sure to use a quality Primer/Sealer. Not just a Primer. You want to SEAL the dry mud. Don't hesitate to put on a 2nd coat of Primer/Sealer. New drywall and mud really soaks it up! Or at least put on a HEAVY 1st coat. Forget about the extra $$$ for a 2nd coat of Primer/Sealer. It's worth it.
Also, plan on 2 coats of topcoat paint. I'm not a big fan of using the paint in the Big Box Stores. I like the higher quality paints from the neighborhood Finneran-Haley, Sherwin-Williams, and so on. Again, it's $$$ well spent.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
It’s goes on nice and thick and will completely seal anything! I personally had to wear a respirator as It make me feel sick the first time I used it (my wife had NO problems however) but it’s just the greatest thing ever. You can even buy it in 5 gallon buckets too if you need that much.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!