Preparing drywall for paint
You do want to vacume the walls w/a brush-end vacume attachment. Otherwise, the roller/brush will pick up the drywall powder and just start 'clumping' it. That will just make more work. Do be careful how you vacume because the "other end" of the vacume BLOWS air !!!
Do be sure to use a quality Primer/Sealer. Not just a Primer. You want to SEAL the dry mud. Don't hesitate to put on a 2nd coat of Primer/Sealer. New drywall and mud really soaks it up! Or at least put on a HEAVY 1st coat. Forget about the extra $$$ for a 2nd coat of Primer/Sealer. It's worth it.
Also, plan on 2 coats of topcoat paint. I'm not a big fan of using the paint in the Big Box Stores. I like the higher quality paints from the neighborhood Finneran-Haley, Sherwin-Williams, and so on. Again, it's $$$ well spent.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
It’s goes on nice and thick and will completely seal anything! I personally had to wear a respirator as It make me feel sick the first time I used it (my wife had NO problems however) but it’s just the greatest thing ever. You can even buy it in 5 gallon buckets too if you need that much.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide