There is retained water under my house slab foundation (no basement). The moisture from this water caused some damage to the hardwood floor that caused me to dig up and see what the issue was. The water level is just below the waste water line and it appears to be present in the waste water line area only where the soil is relatively soft.
It is not supply water or waste water... it is most likely rain water from oversaturated lawn. Although the house is one of the highest in the subdivision, the lawn does not have a good gradient in some areas.
As a fix, I am thinking of putting french drain in the lawn. But how to remove the existing water from under the slab? Is slump pump a good option?
If possible you may want to consider drainage lines with perforated pipe leading away from the building
we have a similar problem with a concrete slab foundation in Florida. water surfaces up through the floors inside the home. through the carpet and under the tile. We discovered this when pulling up tiles on the floor. water was under the tile. we had a leak detection service come in and they did not find a leaking pipe, etc. our property is flat and the grade is flat. we live near a small lake and this area is known for issues with water intrusion. how do you waterproof the concrete slab? from the inside with a sealer? or french drains outside?
adding bath to concrete slab foundation house
block to slab foundation conversion??? kind of long
water under house
Converting slab foundation to basement
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight