But since your springs are of different vintage, it probably wouldn’t work. I only mention this if you end up resorting to replacing the other spring.
Before going that route, try this. First, make a note on which side of the door is higher when closed. On the side that is, try loosening it by ¼ turn. Then, check for level when closed. Repeat until both sides are level. If you go too far, tighten 1/8 turn until level. Then, check to see if the garage operates properly. If not, the garage door will most likely be heavy and hard to open, so tighten both sides in ¼ turn increments until it feels the way you want it. Always tighten both sides, not just one.
If you end up again with one side higher than the other, then you will need to start the process over, and it may take a couple of times. If it does not work out, you may want to just replace the other spring.
Bear in mind, though, that these torsion springs are VEEY DANGEROUS. One slip, and you could loose a finger, an eye, or your life.
Garage Door Sweating
Garage Door Opener Repair
Auto Closing Garage door
The #1 Garage Door Repair & Install in Mesa, Chandle...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools