But since your springs are of different vintage, it probably wouldn’t work. I only mention this if you end up resorting to replacing the other spring.
Before going that route, try this. First, make a note on which side of the door is higher when closed. On the side that is, try loosening it by ¼ turn. Then, check for level when closed. Repeat until both sides are level. If you go too far, tighten 1/8 turn until level. Then, check to see if the garage operates properly. If not, the garage door will most likely be heavy and hard to open, so tighten both sides in ¼ turn increments until it feels the way you want it. Always tighten both sides, not just one.
If you end up again with one side higher than the other, then you will need to start the process over, and it may take a couple of times. If it does not work out, you may want to just replace the other spring.
Bear in mind, though, that these torsion springs are VEEY DANGEROUS. One slip, and you could loose a finger, an eye, or your life.
Garage Door Sweating
Garage Door Opener Repair
Auto Closing Garage door
The #1 Garage Door Repair & Install in Mesa, Chandle...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates