But since your springs are of different vintage, it probably wouldn’t work. I only mention this if you end up resorting to replacing the other spring.
Before going that route, try this. First, make a note on which side of the door is higher when closed. On the side that is, try loosening it by ¼ turn. Then, check for level when closed. Repeat until both sides are level. If you go too far, tighten 1/8 turn until level. Then, check to see if the garage operates properly. If not, the garage door will most likely be heavy and hard to open, so tighten both sides in ¼ turn increments until it feels the way you want it. Always tighten both sides, not just one.
If you end up again with one side higher than the other, then you will need to start the process over, and it may take a couple of times. If it does not work out, you may want to just replace the other spring.
Bear in mind, though, that these torsion springs are VEEY DANGEROUS. One slip, and you could loose a finger, an eye, or your life.
Garage Door Sweating
Garage Door Opener Repair
Auto Closing Garage door
The #1 Garage Door Repair & Install in Mesa, Chandle...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight