But since your springs are of different vintage, it probably wouldn’t work. I only mention this if you end up resorting to replacing the other spring.
Before going that route, try this. First, make a note on which side of the door is higher when closed. On the side that is, try loosening it by ¼ turn. Then, check for level when closed. Repeat until both sides are level. If you go too far, tighten 1/8 turn until level. Then, check to see if the garage operates properly. If not, the garage door will most likely be heavy and hard to open, so tighten both sides in ¼ turn increments until it feels the way you want it. Always tighten both sides, not just one.
If you end up again with one side higher than the other, then you will need to start the process over, and it may take a couple of times. If it does not work out, you may want to just replace the other spring.
Bear in mind, though, that these torsion springs are VEEY DANGEROUS. One slip, and you could loose a finger, an eye, or your life.
Garage Door Sweating
Garage Door Opener Repair
Auto Closing Garage door
The #1 Garage Door Repair & Install in Mesa, Chandle...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps