Ok. I installed the exhaust fan and now I'm down to the wiring. I want to tie it into my light switch. When I removed the light switch this is what I found.
1. Two power lines coming into the switch.
2. The white wires are tied together from each main line.
3. The black wires are in the switch, one on top and one on bottom.
4. Thought that all I had to do was wire the fan into switch, one wire on top and one on bottom and it would work.
5. Nope. Fan turned on when switch was OFF and at the same time the light dimmed while the switch was OFF.
6. Turn the switch ON and the fan turned off and the light came fully on.
7. Please help.
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries