I'm looking for some recommendation on patching concrete. I have a number of cracks that I want to fill in my basement walls and also along a masonry fireplace where the hearth meets the fireplace opening. In some cases the cracks are very thin and would need a caulking gun or something similar to deliver the fill. The others are large and could probably be handled with a putty knife. As of now, I have not noticed any water leaking from these cracks, so I'm hoping this is just a patch job prior to me finishing the walls in the basement.
Just an FYI, the "large" cracks are not deep. They look like someone had tried to mount something in the wall and a chunk cracked off. Some of the thinner cracks appear to be deeper.
What is the best stuff to use? Hydraulic Cement? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Basement Waterproofing Issue/Question
Wet Basements,Trees and Your Foundation
Foundation walls (full basement) built on slab? Inst...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!