I'm looking for some recommendation on patching concrete. I have a number of cracks that I want to fill in my basement walls and also along a masonry fireplace where the hearth meets the fireplace opening. In some cases the cracks are very thin and would need a caulking gun or something similar to deliver the fill. The others are large and could probably be handled with a putty knife. As of now, I have not noticed any water leaking from these cracks, so I'm hoping this is just a patch job prior to me finishing the walls in the basement.
Just an FYI, the "large" cracks are not deep. They look like someone had tried to mount something in the wall and a chunk cracked off. Some of the thinner cracks appear to be deeper.
What is the best stuff to use? Hydraulic Cement? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Basement Waterproofing Issue/Question
Wet Basements,Trees and Your Foundation
Foundation walls (full basement) built on slab? Inst...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes