Like most, I have some ceiling fixtures. Example - over my kitchen sink is a light. It says it takes a max. 40 watt bulb. It really isn't enough light but I'm stuck with it. Incansescent lights are now not being made (per law) and I like the thought of helping out.
I bought a 40 watt 'green' bulb. If anything, it's worse in putting out any light.
My question is this. These fixtures were designed for a particular wattage. With the 'green' bulbs, there is supposedly less wattage but the same amount of light.
Can I replace my 40 watt incandescent with a 75 watt 'green' bulb? I'm certainly not replacing any ceiling lights!! My table lamps all have 3 way 'green' bulbs.
My concern is the ceiling lights - I need to see !!
Please help - single older and I'm not about to set the apt. on fire or short something out.
Thanks so much for the reply. I thought it would be possible but didn't want to blow out any circuits. I know 'green' supposedly puts out the same amount of light but I'm not seeing it!! I'll be out and about tomorrow and buying the replacement. At last I'll be able to see if my dishes are clean or not LOL....
How to Replacing Low-Voltage fixtures with High Hats
combo timer/dimmer switches?
Extending wiring for air conditioning
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects