Like most, I have some ceiling fixtures. Example - over my kitchen sink is a light. It says it takes a max. 40 watt bulb. It really isn't enough light but I'm stuck with it. Incansescent lights are now not being made (per law) and I like the thought of helping out.
I bought a 40 watt 'green' bulb. If anything, it's worse in putting out any light.
My question is this. These fixtures were designed for a particular wattage. With the 'green' bulbs, there is supposedly less wattage but the same amount of light.
Can I replace my 40 watt incandescent with a 75 watt 'green' bulb? I'm certainly not replacing any ceiling lights!! My table lamps all have 3 way 'green' bulbs.
My concern is the ceiling lights - I need to see !!
Please help - single older and I'm not about to set the apt. on fire or short something out.
Thanks so much for the reply. I thought it would be possible but didn't want to blow out any circuits. I know 'green' supposedly puts out the same amount of light but I'm not seeing it!! I'll be out and about tomorrow and buying the replacement. At last I'll be able to see if my dishes are clean or not LOL....
How to Replacing Low-Voltage fixtures with High Hats
combo timer/dimmer switches?
Extending wiring for air conditioning
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees