Like most, I have some ceiling fixtures. Example - over my kitchen sink is a light. It says it takes a max. 40 watt bulb. It really isn't enough light but I'm stuck with it. Incansescent lights are now not being made (per law) and I like the thought of helping out.
I bought a 40 watt 'green' bulb. If anything, it's worse in putting out any light.
My question is this. These fixtures were designed for a particular wattage. With the 'green' bulbs, there is supposedly less wattage but the same amount of light.
Can I replace my 40 watt incandescent with a 75 watt 'green' bulb? I'm certainly not replacing any ceiling lights!! My table lamps all have 3 way 'green' bulbs.
My concern is the ceiling lights - I need to see !!
Please help - single older and I'm not about to set the apt. on fire or short something out.
Thanks so much for the reply. I thought it would be possible but didn't want to blow out any circuits. I know 'green' supposedly puts out the same amount of light but I'm not seeing it!! I'll be out and about tomorrow and buying the replacement. At last I'll be able to see if my dishes are clean or not LOL....
How to Replacing Low-Voltage fixtures with High Hats
combo timer/dimmer switches?
Extending wiring for air conditioning
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!