Like most, I have some ceiling fixtures. Example - over my kitchen sink is a light. It says it takes a max. 40 watt bulb. It really isn't enough light but I'm stuck with it. Incansescent lights are now not being made (per law) and I like the thought of helping out.
I bought a 40 watt 'green' bulb. If anything, it's worse in putting out any light.
My question is this. These fixtures were designed for a particular wattage. With the 'green' bulbs, there is supposedly less wattage but the same amount of light.
Can I replace my 40 watt incandescent with a 75 watt 'green' bulb? I'm certainly not replacing any ceiling lights!! My table lamps all have 3 way 'green' bulbs.
My concern is the ceiling lights - I need to see !!
Please help - single older and I'm not about to set the apt. on fire or short something out.
Thanks so much for the reply. I thought it would be possible but didn't want to blow out any circuits. I know 'green' supposedly puts out the same amount of light but I'm not seeing it!! I'll be out and about tomorrow and buying the replacement. At last I'll be able to see if my dishes are clean or not LOL....
How to Replacing Low-Voltage fixtures with High Hats
combo timer/dimmer switches?
Extending wiring for air conditioning
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs