I am working on a project that requires a removable, sealed, connection between copper tube and pvc (or other low-cost rigid tube/pipe/rod). The connection needs to be as flush as possible while not pulling apart. The best I could think of is threading schedule 80 pvc pipe and type K copper tubing for a direct screw-on connection between two pieces, but I am uncertain if this will work and whether it would stand up to repeatedly screwing it on and off. If it could work, what copper tube size and pvc pipe (including CTS vs standard) size combinations should I get to thread them with copper as female and pvc as male? The OD of both pvc and copper should be about the same as 3/4" copper tube, and the ID of the copper can't be less than 0.67" (ID of the pvc doesn't matter).
For a little background, this project is for graduate research where I will be placing temperature loggers into the ground at various depths (at each copper junction) up to about 3' deep.
Thanks for any help.
Connecting to my copper sewer line
Re: Toilet to Sewer .
Water supply lines- Galvanized pipe to Copper connec...
Plumbing PVC to Galvanized
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?