I am working on a project that requires a removable, sealed, connection between copper tube and pvc (or other low-cost rigid tube/pipe/rod). The connection needs to be as flush as possible while not pulling apart. The best I could think of is threading schedule 80 pvc pipe and type K copper tubing for a direct screw-on connection between two pieces, but I am uncertain if this will work and whether it would stand up to repeatedly screwing it on and off. If it could work, what copper tube size and pvc pipe (including CTS vs standard) size combinations should I get to thread them with copper as female and pvc as male? The OD of both pvc and copper should be about the same as 3/4" copper tube, and the ID of the copper can't be less than 0.67" (ID of the pvc doesn't matter).
For a little background, this project is for graduate research where I will be placing temperature loggers into the ground at various depths (at each copper junction) up to about 3' deep.
Thanks for any help.
Connecting to my copper sewer line
Re: Toilet to Sewer .
Water supply lines- Galvanized pipe to Copper connec...
Plumbing PVC to Galvanized
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- Soundproof Your Home with 11 DIYs
- Set the Tone: 8 Colors for an Inviting Dining Room
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY