I am working on a project that requires a removable, sealed, connection between copper tube and pvc (or other low-cost rigid tube/pipe/rod). The connection needs to be as flush as possible while not pulling apart. The best I could think of is threading schedule 80 pvc pipe and type K copper tubing for a direct screw-on connection between two pieces, but I am uncertain if this will work and whether it would stand up to repeatedly screwing it on and off. If it could work, what copper tube size and pvc pipe (including CTS vs standard) size combinations should I get to thread them with copper as female and pvc as male? The OD of both pvc and copper should be about the same as 3/4" copper tube, and the ID of the copper can't be less than 0.67" (ID of the pvc doesn't matter).
For a little background, this project is for graduate research where I will be placing temperature loggers into the ground at various depths (at each copper junction) up to about 3' deep.
Thanks for any help.
Connecting to my copper sewer line
Re: Toilet to Sewer .
Water supply lines- Galvanized pipe to Copper connec...
Plumbing PVC to Galvanized
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps