I am working on a project that requires a removable, sealed, connection between copper tube and pvc (or other low-cost rigid tube/pipe/rod). The connection needs to be as flush as possible while not pulling apart. The best I could think of is threading schedule 80 pvc pipe and type K copper tubing for a direct screw-on connection between two pieces, but I am uncertain if this will work and whether it would stand up to repeatedly screwing it on and off. If it could work, what copper tube size and pvc pipe (including CTS vs standard) size combinations should I get to thread them with copper as female and pvc as male? The OD of both pvc and copper should be about the same as 3/4" copper tube, and the ID of the copper can't be less than 0.67" (ID of the pvc doesn't matter).
For a little background, this project is for graduate research where I will be placing temperature loggers into the ground at various depths (at each copper junction) up to about 3' deep.
Thanks for any help.
Connecting to my copper sewer line
Re: Toilet to Sewer .
Water supply lines- Galvanized pipe to Copper connec...
Plumbing PVC to Galvanized
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps