I am working on a project that requires a removable, sealed, connection between copper tube and pvc (or other low-cost rigid tube/pipe/rod). The connection needs to be as flush as possible while not pulling apart. The best I could think of is threading schedule 80 pvc pipe and type K copper tubing for a direct screw-on connection between two pieces, but I am uncertain if this will work and whether it would stand up to repeatedly screwing it on and off. If it could work, what copper tube size and pvc pipe (including CTS vs standard) size combinations should I get to thread them with copper as female and pvc as male? The OD of both pvc and copper should be about the same as 3/4" copper tube, and the ID of the copper can't be less than 0.67" (ID of the pvc doesn't matter).
For a little background, this project is for graduate research where I will be placing temperature loggers into the ground at various depths (at each copper junction) up to about 3' deep.
Thanks for any help.
Connecting to my copper sewer line
Re: Toilet to Sewer .
Water supply lines- Galvanized pipe to Copper connec...
Plumbing PVC to Galvanized
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY